Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I finished the modification/construction on the feet.  The last piece was to create a bracket to hold the axle and chain tensioned.  This is one foot.  I have yet to attach some Anderson power poles to the wires on this foot.  The other foot has then connectors attached already.  For all intents and purposes, this part is done until I get the shells to cover it.  (Note - The bottom plate that was removed over the motor area will be re-attached before the foot is mounted to the ankle).

2 comments:

Calvin Thomas said...

Jon,
I have been thinking of changing over to chain drive in my R2 and I have a couple of questions.
Is it noisy?
Where did you get the motors and wheels?
Thanks
Calvin

jduffphoto said...

Hey Calvin,

I sent you an email regarding your questions.

When I tested them, the chain setup wasn't noisy at all.

Jon