Wednesday, February 10, 2010

General update

It's been a while since I posted any updates. I have some work in progress on the legs and ankles. Leg number 2 is nearing final stages of assembly and will be ready to paint within a few days. I have also started work on the ankle cylinders. I have the first one in progress and will need a total of 4. This is another scratch built piece, constructed from pvc water pipe and scrap pieces of styrene that I have saved up. I am continuing with my point to point wiring of the front logics and have 20 more leds to wire up and install.

I'm also in the planning stages of assembling my electronics and drive. It's been just over two years after starting this project (1 1/2 years since the actual build process began) and I am getting ready to get R2 on his feet and moving. My goal (time and finance permitting....) is to have him moving by late spring of this year.

Photo's of my progress will follow.

1 comment:

BASSplayerACE said...

sweet! i was beginning to wonder if R2 was on the backburner. Good to see things going there; can't wait for the pics!