Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Off topic - two week break

A little off topic, but I finished my other project last night. Took me almost two weeks to complete. My family participates in our church's Awana program. Both of my girls are clubbers, my wife and I are leaders in different clubs. The group that I lead participates in a pine wood derby grand prix every November, and not just the clubbers, but leaders from most of the groups as well. Last year, my first year, I was challenged by the Commander that she would take best of show. I built a version of Lightning McQueen from the movie, Cars. This year, I was challenged by the Commander and my co-leaders as well to "up the ante".... So, I just had to choose Mater.















Umm.... did I mention under body lighting??? I have issues...

Hmmm..... Maybe next year, something StarWars...

Ok, back to building a droid.... During my time off, I was able to complete my radar eye. The lens was made from a 2 liter pop bottle and looks great!!! I didn't have time last night to get a picture of it, but I'll update the site soon.

2 comments:

Calvin Thomas said...

Those are COOL!!!
You going to pimp out R2?
HAHAHAHaaaa
Calvin

jduffphoto said...

I'm thinking some under foot lighting to go with the chromed spinner rims on the drive wheels...

bling!!! :-D

...nah.