Monday, September 1, 2008

Early work




Here are some pics of work in progress. These are from earlier this year. So far, I have 4 panels for the body (skins) with pieces cut. They are almost complete, but waiting on a frame before I make the final cuts.






This is early work on my C&D styrene dome. The paperweight on the left side is actually the Radar Eye that will mount onto the dome. (I'll have a better pic of that later..) The panel layout is complete and I am in process of cutting all of the panels out. They will be painted and then re-mounted later in the build.
While many builders work with powered rotary tools, due to the type of material, I chose to cut by hand. I found a saw blade that fits my Xacto set, and this seemed to cut evenly. I have a long way to go, but so far, my cuts been pretty even. The blade size allow me to cut freehand as opposed to setting up a guide.

No comments: