December marks my 3rd anniversary as a member of the R2Builders group.
I ordered Chani's styrene skins and started working on the fronts. It took me 3 months to layout and cut my first set of skins, and two weeks to get the front skins cut from Chani's part run. I didn't even use a straight edge - the scored lines in the styrene were all I needed to keep the blade in line.
The boosters are now glued to the legs. I have been debating whether to replace these or not and decided to put off building the new legs for the moment. I will eventually replace them (and the boosters as well, since I will need a second set anyway...), but for now, I feel that I have reinforced them well enough for them to hold strong.
Here are a few pics from Artoo's first public event at the Buffalo Library.
Photo by Dan Malcomb. The North Ridge/Fan Force