Monday, March 22, 2010

Leg Work

I was able to get some work done on the outer legs last night. I re-drilled the bolt holes to attach the foot motor holders and assembled the holders to the legs as a test fit. I'll have to take it apart to assemble the foot drives, but for now, it's looking more like a droid leg.

I also started cutting parts that will eventually become Artoo's center leg. I have plans on how to build the assembly into the frame and I'm currently sourcing materials (aluminum!!) to do this. If this works out, I'm also looking to have some custom parts machined to reinforce the shoulders and mounting assembly.

Over the weekend, while visiting friends, I was given a model of an Imperial Star Destroyer.  It measures about 16" in length and the guy built his own stand to display it.  He wasn't really happy with the paint job that he did, but asked if I would like it for my collection. 

How could I refuse???

So my next "mini project" will be giving this ship a really sleek battle worn paint job.  I'm researching now to find out where to start.  I'm thinking of updating the stand, or possibly building a new one.  I've gotta see what I have sitting in the scrap pile at home....

3 comments:

BASSplayerACE said...

Totally sweet! I love the new ship! I'm looking forward to how the center leg will work out.

and I love the fortune cookie saying! lol! jk

jduffphoto said...

Hey thanks Ace!!!

I haven't had time this week to do more work on the leg. I have to reinforce and then skin it. I should (hopefully) be able to order parts in the next few weeks and he'll be on his feet soon.

Not sure what's up with the fortune cookie posts. I hadn't gotten around to removing that one...

Jon

欣盈 said...

I do like ur article~!!!..................................................